Wednesday, November 05, 2008

President Elect Barack Obama!

President Elect Barack ObamaI am still drunk with happiness today after celebrating Barack Obama's victory as the next President of the United States last night. It was an amazing night, but as Anne said, slightly anti-climactic because it was over so quickly. As soon as California's polls closed, the winner was announced. There was partying in the streets, cars honking their horns. I was in the restroom, where I usually am when important events in world history are going down. The Berlin Wall coming down, I was in the can. The new millennium, I was in the john. My Bar Mitzvah, oy, what a stool.

Sorry, I got a little side tracked there.

Anyway, I was trying to think of a way to show my support for our new President Elect, so I designed the t-shirt above. Until possible (but unlikely) approval by Threadless.com and the general public, you can buy the cheap imitation version of my President Elect Obama t-shirt here.

Update: Well, my design was rejected by both Threadless.com and Cafe Press. Apparently, you can't use an picture of Barack Obama, even if you alter it drastically. What if I drew a picture of him that looked exactly like the image above instead of using Photoshop to alter a photograph, would that work? Or does my version just look too much like Shepard Fairey's image of Obama [pictured below] and that's what the problem is? Or is it just that it is Barack Obama? No celebrity images! But I just want to support our new President Elect.
Shepard Fairey Obama

No comments: