Monday, July 09, 2007

For Whiteyfresh 3000

M-Audio Torq XponentThis one goes out to my homie Ryan B in the place to be. The other night at a hoppin' party that I hardly remember (how did I get home that night?) Ryan was axing me if I knew of any digital mixers that I would recommend for use with his 'puter. After a few minutes of searching and an e-mail from Turntable Lab, I have an answer for Senõr Frêsh. And that answer is the M-Audio Torq Xponent available at Turntable Lab for only $599 (that's $150 off the MSRP). I own an M-Audio Oxygen 8 midi controller keyboard that I have had for several years and really enjoy working with, so I can attest to M-Audio's quality of equipment. Here is what Turntable Lab has to say about the Torq Xponent:
OVERVIEW
M-Audio's Torq Xponent is a complete digital DJing system featuring Torq DJ software and the Xponent controller / USB interface. Just add a computer and digital music files, and you have a full digital DJ setup with hands-on control, CD turntable / mixer simulation, and a plethora of extra features.

FEATURES
M-Audio's Torq DJing has quickly established itself as a viable option to Serato. It has a similar feature set to Serato, but also includes extras such as VST compatibility, easy performance recording, and multiple sample banks.

The Xponent controller is the first M-Audio controller specially designed for digital DJs. Before the Xponent, digital DJs were forced to use standard MIDI-controllers or DJ controllers by second rate manufacturers. The Xponent was designed with everyday DJs in mind with M-Audio quality, durable controls, and an emphasis on tactile feel. It is also maximized for Torq as all the controls are mapped instantly.

The Torq's wheel controls, knobs, buttons and faders simulate a (2) CD turntable and (1) deluxe mixer setup. You can use them to cue, mix, scratch, and effect digital files without ever using your computer keyboard or mouse. In addition with over 70 individual controls, the Xponent was also designed for sampling on the fly, looping, using effects, etc.
I think that about says it all. I'm not sure if this is in Ryan's price range. If not, M-Audio has several other digital DJ controllers which may be more appropriate.

No comments: