Monday, May 16, 2005

Gorillaz In The Mist

I got an e-mail from Kidrobot informing me that:
Kidrobot, Cornerstone Promotions and Gorillaz invite you to join us as we celebrate the release of our new Limited Ed. Gorillaz toys:



Along with the platinum-selling band's new album "Demon Days!" Join us for toy-release and album listening parties at all of our stores (Kidrobot San Francisco: May 24th from 6-8pm, Kidrobot Santa Monica: May 24th from 7-9pm, Kidrobot New York on May 26th from 7-8:30pm), plus an unbelievable SIGNING by Gorillaz creator Jamie Hewlett (Kidrobot New York on May 26th from 7-8:30pm).
I also got an e-mail from James D. over at Moog Music letting me know that they have just released a Limited Ed. soft vinyl Bob Moog doll:



That li'l feller is pretty sweet. According to the e-mail:
This is the official Bob Moog doll authorized by Moog Music. The doll has been customed designed by Archer Prewitt from a sculpture by Kei Hinotani in celebration of Bob' 50 years designing great electronic musical instruments.
"Customed designed," huh? Anyway, I'm tired. I have to go to sleep. I have a big day ahead of me. I'm training for the Ironman Triathlon in Hawaii. I'm going to bike 140 miles tomorrow. I have to get up bright and early. Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise, as my father used to always say. The early bird gets the worm. And everyone knows how delicious worms are. I've got a big bowl of them waiting for me in the fridge. But that's another story for another post. Good night.

Update: apparently the Bob Moog vinyl figure is only available to Moog Music newsletter subscribers. Sorry.

No comments: