Tuesday, April 05, 2005

UNC #1!

For those of you out there in cyberterialand who have been living in a cave under a rock with no television for the past month, March Madness has finally concluded and the decisive winner of the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament was our very own hometown heroes, the Carolina Tar Heels! It sure was crazy here in town last night after the game. I thought the Carolina faithful were going to burn the city to the ground. Luckily, the fire department showed up before the game and sprayed everything down with water so that it was less likely to burn. They also greased all the telephone and stoplight poles and trees in downtown Chapel Hill to try and keep the crazies from climbing, but it wasn't very effective. I avoided the seventy-thousand-plus fanatics who congregated on Franklin Street to celebrate because I didn't want to be crushed or have my clothes used to start fires or be arrested for public intoxication. I was quite intoxicated last night. I haven't ventured down to check out the resultant carnage yet, but I'm sure it is extensive.

Anyway, on to something that has to do with the theme of my blog. Proper has just attained some new Limited Ed. sneaks from Nike. These Nature Communication Vandals by Tom Luedecke:



They appear to be some sweet laser cut Nikes with street maps on them. I'm not sure where the maps are from, but if you know drop me a line and clue me in. They should be maps of Chapel Hill with little bonfires burning all up and down Franklin Street. I don't think any of the students in town went to class today after the crazy celebration that went on all night last night. Well, that's about all for today. Go Heels!

No comments: