Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Back To Work

I finally broke down and went to a temp agency to find myself a job because my unemployment is about to run out. I am working this week in the Engineering Department of the City of Chapel Hill. I have a nice view from City Hall of all the peons on the street below. Of course, I am just covering for the receptionist while she is on vacation for a week, but I still feel special. I only answered the phone about six times yesterday, so they said I could read or use the internet if I wanted to. Guess what that means? It means that I can get my brother off my back and post something new here. That punk has been riding me like the family mule to post something. Anyway, Sweaty Frog has some new toys on their website including some new Stikfas like the Rockstar Stikfas:

Stikfas Rockstar


and the Diver and Octopus Stikfas:

Stikfas Diver and Octopus


These guys aren't really Limited Ed., I think they produce a ton of them in Singapore, but they are really fun to construct and pose. The nice thing is the joints on these guys stay really stiff, so they stay in the poses you put them in really well.

Sweaty Frog also has just gotten in the Little Apple Dolls. These things are cute in a kinda' scary way. I bought my girlfriend the Irae Doll:

Little Apple Dolls - Irae


Because I felt weird about buying a doll like this for myself. Not to mention, my toy collection has gotten so big I have no room for it anymore. Half of my toys are still in their boxes in my closet. I have thought about selling some of them so I don't have to work for a while, but I just can't get rid of them, not after the trauma of childhood yard sales and lost Star Wars figures. Anyway, I should get back to work. Or get back to sitting at my desk waiting for the phone to ring. I wish I had brought another book in with me this morning.

2 comments:

M said...

Stikfas Rockstar ready to go on tour. JAM BABY! How cool is this guy? FUN FUN.

Also, i before e, except after w, you dyslexic peice of shit.

Anonymous said...

when alec was little he used to put toys like this on his dick and pretend they were climbing it. (if you want to understand his obsession...)