Tuesday, December 20, 2005

I Am Invincible!

So last months I mentioned a little something at the bottom of one of my posts about the fact that I was one of the five winners of the Nike Invincible contest over at Freshness Mag. Well, last week I finally received my prize, a gift certificate for a pair of custom-designed sneakers over at Nike iD. First of all, I would like to thank Freshness Mag and Nike for naming me one of the winners of this contest. I never win anything, other than swim meets and lacrosse games in high school, so this is big for me. I think this is the first real, physical thing that I have ever won. Secondly, I would like to quote the winning paragraph that I wrote on what the word "invincible" means to me:
"Invincible" is a state of mind. If you think you could fall, get hurt, suffer injury, or sustain damage than you will. If you want to be invincible, you have to think of yourself as invincible. Invincible is running through the wall at the end of the race. Invincible is carrying tacklers through the end zone, down the tunnel and into the locker room. Invincible is destroying all of your enemies without sustaining a scratch.
Red, White, Blue, and Gold BruinsThat's what I won with. There must not have been a whole lot of entries for me to win with this one, but that's the way things go. And lastly, here's a picture of the sneakers I designed. I did eight designs before I finally settled on these Air Bruin Max iD's. I like the gold swoosh, but was hard pressed to find colors that I thought went well with it. I think the blue and red work well. Of course, half the fun of Nike iD is coming up with new designs. Check out my other designs, The Strip Club and Country Fried Vengeance.

No comments: