Friday, December 16, 2005

Any Relation To Jerry?

Art Print #2Like I said yesterday, toys are out and pottery is in for collectors this holiday season. So I was searching Google for some fine Limited Ed. pottery and I stumbled upon the Luna Garcia gallery. I don't know if they share any relation to Jerry Garcia, or even Andy Garcia for that matter, but they do have some rather interesting Limited Ed. art prints based on pottery. These prints are more interesting to me than the actual handcrafted, signed and dated pottery featured at the gallery. According to the website:
These signed and numbered, limited edition giclée prints by Luna García Editions are printed on 100% rag paper using colorfast inks and protected with a UV coating. The editions are limited to 200. The image size for each print is 15" x 10.8". The paper size is 19" x 13"
I especially like the use of comic strip imagery in the prints. It reminds me of a painting that was in my grandparents' bathroom when I was a child. It was a painting of three nude figures over an old Pogo comic strip. The juxtaposition of imagery always fascinated me. And I like naked ladies (you know who you are).

No comments: