Friday, March 17, 2006

Use The Force, Luke

George LucasThis kind of relates to my last post about nightmares. Last night I dreamt that I was up in NYC for my brother's feature film debut and all of my friends and family were hanging out at the after-party, which was in an enormous NYC loft, and there were a bunch of random celebrities in the crowd, such as Mel Gibson and Danny Glover circa Lethal Weapon, and everyone was getting their pictures taken with the celebrities. George Lucas was there, but he had shaved his beard into a goatee that looked just like my father's, and he and my dad were taking pictures together looking like twins (except that Lucas had hair whereas my dad is bald). Everyone was messing with George Lucas and he was getting really mad. People were pulling on his face and mouth, it was very weird. Then today, upon checking my usual list of websites for new Limited Ed. stuff, I noticed on I4U.com that the BBC Online had an article about Herr Lucas' plans to produce a 100 episode TV series about the first 20 years of young Luke Skywalker's life. Coincidence? I think not! I think all of those many years of living under power lines have finally paid off by giving me the ability to see the future in my dreams. And the future looks really weird. According to the BBC:
[Lucas] told BBC Radio 1 the writing team would soon be meeting to start on the project, which would begin filming in 2008 and be ready the same year.

"Hopefully if we can make it work and everybody's excited and watches it we will keep on going," said [producer Rick] McCallum.

The series will be set between episodes three and four of the film saga.

It would cover the 20 years in the life of Luke Skywalker growing up that remains a mystery to most film-goers.

McCallum said there would be "a whole bunch of new characters" and the series would be "much more dramatic and darker".
I guess we can only wait and see if this will come to fruition. Until then, I will keep looking to my dreams for more information about the future. Maybe telekinesis will be the next byproduct of those wonderful power lines.

No comments: