Friday, September 30, 2005

Giger Guitar

So I decided to spend part of my tax return, which I finally received last Friday, only seven months after I was supposed to get it, on a new electric guitar, something that I haven't had since I was about sixteen years old. And even then, I think I had a used acoustic guitar, and I had to share it with my brother. I shared it with my brother until he restrung it to be a right-handed guitar and started taking lessons at Pearson music in Durham, which is coincidentally where Jon works, who will be ordering me the new guitar. My brother did do a mean rendition of Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here, though, and for that he could keep the guitar. I think that very same guitar was stolen from his house in Thailand in 1998 along with several pieces of priceless jade and his puppy-dog. Or else he might still have it, I don't really know. Anyway, now that I have gotten way off track, I decided that I would check out some Limited Ed. guitars while I was waiting for my new guitar to arrive. First off, there's this almost cool Limited Ed. H.R. Giger Ibanez guitar:



It would be so much cooler if it had some texture to it like one of Giger's Limited Ed. sculptures. Oh well, like the Rolling Stones say, "You can't always get what you want." If Giger is a little too dark for your band, you might want to consider this Limited Ed. Felix the Cat guitar:



It's slightly less expensive than the Giger guitar, but it is acoustic and the Giger is electric, and I want to be able to plug into my Roland Micro-Cube and make some serious noise. Now here's a guitar I could really get into, the Limited Ed. Gibson Playboy Playmate guitar:



It's too bad it's not shaped like a playmate, although that might be a little distracting while trying to play it. Gibson also has a Limited Ed. Playboy Bunny-head guitar:



This thing would definitely be difficult to play. And lastly, since I am left-handed, here's a guitar Mac would appreciate me playing, I'm sure. It's a Limited Ed. Left-handed Ovation USA flag acoustic guitar:



This purty little thang just makes me want to stand up and salute. God bless America!

No comments: