Tuesday, December 14, 2004

What The *Censored*?!

I know I don't normally go on political rants, but I am an artist and this kind of fucking bullshit will not stand, man! What in the holy motherfucking shit ass bitch is this crap?! Is this still America or have I somehow been transported back in time and space to Nazi Germany? Isn't it our duty as Americans to criticize our leaders if we don't agree with their policies? Doesn't the first amendment to the constitution of the United States of America guarantee us the right to freedom of expression, and doesn't the second amendment to the constitution give us the right to form a militia to overthrow a government that we believe has been corrupted and has denied us our basic human rights? So how does something like this happen?
It's just a small acrylic on canvas, but the Chris Savido portrait of President George W. Bush that uses monkeys to form his image has led to the closure of a New York art exhibition, reports Reuters. Titled "Bush Monkeys," the painting looks like Bush from a distance, but up close one can see the image is actually made up of chimpanzees or monkeys swimming in a marsh. Now [Chris Savido] plans to auction the painting and donate the proceeds to an organization dedicated to freedom of expression.

I am outraged at the fact that this exhibit was shut down. Not to mention that this isn't the first controversial painting of G.W. Schmuckenstein to be yanked from public display. In October, a whimsical, cartoonish painting of a nude Hitler, I mean Bush, was censored from the City Museum in Washington D.C.
Washington artist Kayti Didriksen's painting "Man of Leisure, King George" depicts President Bush in the well-known style of Manet's "Olympia", as he is presented with his crown by a depiction of Vice President Dick Cheney.

I never heard of any controversial paintings of Bill Clinton being removed from public display. So why are controversial paintings of G. Dub being removed? Are we living in a fascist regime? I guess so. Give Dubya another couple of years and I'm sure he will get rid of the Bill of Rights and the Constitution. Maybe it's not his fault. Maybe it is his mentally challenged, uneducated, fascist-religious, fuckwad followers who are to blame. I know I shouldn't be making such a fuss. I'm sure they will be rounding up all the Jews, liberals and homosexuals soon enough and putting them in death camps, and being a liberal Jew I'll be one of the first in the showers, so it might be a bad idea to criticize these assholes, but I can't help it. It just makes me so angry and frustrated. What else is there for a liberal Jew like me to do other than try to manipulate the media in the way only a liberal Jew can? Like Ice T once said, "Freedom of speech, just watch what you say!" Well, that's my rant for the day. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any liberal Jews, artists, free thinkers, or other dissentors may live in my attic and/or basement, until interment & marshal law is over; a la Anne Frank.

Welcome to the Facist States of America.

Please don't criticize the government, that is not patriotic.
???

--spaceboy--

argotnaut said...

I've been watching the auction of this painting on eBay, and suddenly it's been replaced with a "Listing Removed by eBay" notice!!!